Tuesday, May 28, 2013

a couple days later...

so i normally write without paying attention to grammar, most punctuation, or even capitalization but it looks silly.

So we had a rehearsal Sunday night, went well. Bassist bailed at the last second but had a pretty valid exscuse, his business not yours. That's Kenny, by the way. The amazing thing was the guitarist showed up. I almost shit my pants when he sent a txt saying he was on his way. I won't mention his name until he starts frequenting more often, at least one more. Punishment's a bitch.

Not much has happened since then.

So tonight being Tuesday was our second rehearsal within a weeks time. Felt pretty good getting to get together again so soon. Bassist Kenny came over with some good news. Two things, one is uneventful and even to us and the other is pretty cool. We might have our first show. Somewhere in Durham (North Carolina just in case) and it will be for a small art expo, very cool. We made a quick recording of one our tunes tonight and it actually sounded pretty good. Missed a few notes here and there but the phrasing is pretty good. Drums have a pretty good feel overall too but little things are going to have to be ironed out. I think we're going to be posting that tomorrow in the afternoon.

More than likely you're unaware that I'm engaged. We've together for four years and are getting married next summer. Very cool. Needless to say she's a huge part of my life and we talk about the future a lot so today we were on the subject of my current musical endeavor. She expressed her concerns and I, mine and in the end we decided on some things that we both need to do to make sure that we can be successful with this. Not a get rich quick scheme, just how to keep our shit together during these last thirteen months under the marital status of being single when we start checking off a different box.

I don't really have any new music but I did find the original acoustic version of our song I will be Leaving with the Dusk. I'll just go ahead and, I will be Leaving with the Dusk

There we go.

Again here's another bump to me and the guys: Stammerings

Anything else...

So a new song will be out tomorrow, a live recording of it, check out the acoustic version of the song, and check out the band page for some of that shit.

Totally unrelated, my glasses broke while writing this. fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment