Sunday, June 16, 2013

So about the Drum part

I was recording a live version of song today with me playing all the instruments and I great drum take except for one thing.

I added extra beat into a measure in the bridge.

I have no fucking idea how this happened and it pissed me the fuck off when I heard it. I can't believe I could even make a mistake so stupid like that.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Fuck.


Well I have a small check list of things I want to get done within the next two weeks for the band. I think these are pretty basic things and that anyone in a young band is just has to do. The press kit is my small project that is nearly finished and I have a nice big band project that I hope will be done and out in 2 weeks.

Things to do:

1. Finish Press Kit.
I've almost got this one down. Really I just need to get us all together for a picture and we should be good. There's a band bio, a little blurb about each one of us,what we sound like, what we want to do, what our show is like, and some actual press (even if it is from a few years ago...)

2. Live Recording/Video
This is definitely the next big project. Not this Tuesday but the next, we are supposed to get into a studio and get live recording and a friend is shooting video for us. That is very exciting for me and that is going to be one late night. We're going to have a rehearsal starting around 6 and going until 9:30. We'll pack up our amps and shit (luckily theres a kit already at the studio) and set up again, get levels, and go for it around 10:30 and hopefully in an hour, we'll two or three songs with pro sound and video...maybe two hours for that.

3. Beer
I had one beer yesterday which is large increase of daily alcohol consumption for me but it was a Redd's. That shit is off the chain. Gotta get more of that shit.

4. Book a Goddamn Show
I think that with the press kit and now and something live, we will look like the very real and very serious band that we are. I have called emailed a lot of places, once. I think I should focus on only a few places but hit them up everyday. Thinking out loud there.


I guess this was more of a more random, I feel like writing something, addition to the blog but whatever. Beats practicing.

Well I guess that's it.

stammerings
Listen to tunes and watch some vids if you would.

Peace and blessin's


No comments:

Post a Comment